About Me

My photo
United States
Where I ramble on about anything that comes to mind.

Home Sweet Home

Home Sweet Home
There's No Place Like Home

Like Sand Through The Hour Glass, So Are The Days Of Our Lives

Saturday, October 28, 2006

Up and Downs

So many ups and downs in life. I just shared some wonderful news, and then, I received some tragic news last Sunday.
Our nephew--my husband's youngest sister's youngest son--was hit and killed by a hit and run driver. So tragic.
Not only were they buying a house, and going to get married--his girlfriend was due to give birth to their daughter--their first child--any day.
So senseless. They still haven't found the person who hit him, and ran like a coward. The family is devastated. Life can turn on us so quickly. So sad.

When some of these things happen, they have a way of making you appreciate the little things in life--the simple pleasures that we take for granted.

I love a nice hot, soothing cup of coffee in the morning. It just sets my day off right. MUST have that coffee. LOL We just got a brand-new Starbucks in town--our first one!

I love to sit out in our gazebo in the backyard. The weather is getting just right, now. Nice, and cool with a nice breeze. It's so peaceful. We have a rock fountain that lights up. I love the sound of the trickling water. It's nice to just sit, and watch the fountain.

I like to enjoy the company of friends and family. Just sitting, and talking. It's nice to just chat, connect, and share each others lives--with my online friends, or offline.

I like to go down to the beach, and watch the ocean. It's really nice to go early in the morning, and watch the sunrise at the oceanfront. You can sit on a park bench, drink a nice cup of coffee, watch the seagulls and the water, and watch the sun come up. The beach is only 5 minutes away, yet I rarely go appreciate it.

I like to close myself off from the world, and spend time in my scraproom creating. I can lose myself for hours. It's so relaxing.

I like to sit in bed late at night reading scrap mags, and watching TV.

I like spending time with my hubby. I like playing with my dog. I like talking to my grown children, spoiling my grandchildren, and playing my piano.

There are so many simple pleasures. Take time to stop, and smell the roses. Life is so short.








7 comments:

@wesome@bby said...

That is very sad. I'll say prayers for the family, and of course, as always, for you.

Some little things I appreciate:
*my morning mello yello
*turning off the alarm on Friday mornings (used to, anyways)
*just a smile and an i love you
*the voices of my kids
*a text message
*an email
*a freshly vaccuumed floor
*a call for no reason from a loved one
*a clean sink
*silly socks

i could go on and on.

@wesome@bby said...

PS...i am very jealous that you have a gazebo...too bad i'm not closer to get to sit in it with you.

and...I LOVE THAT LAYOUT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

oh angel...I am so sorry to hear about your families loss...((big hugs)) xoxo

Alicia Barry said...

Oh my gosh, what an awful thing to happen. I hope that person's conscience is giving them hell.

Felicia McB said...

I am so sorry about yor nephew! BIG hugs to you all, you're in my prayers.

Cheryl said...

OH, a gazebo in a yard...I could so relax!

Modern-Day Ma said...

this is awesome! great job!
i love the gazebo and rock fountain too! :-)